There are many facets of a successful athlete...from fair playing, to hard work, to nutrition to giving their team and coach their all & respecting themselves both on and off the court.
See Player expectations below INCLUDING the 2020-2021 MGA Player Code of Conduct at the bottom of the page. You will need to read, understand & agree to the Code of Conduct in order to accept a spot on an MGA Team. See below.
All of our coaches plan their practices. You will always have a structured practice that includes skill specific drills and “game-like” drills. You are expected to be at all practices regardless of program chosen unless you have notified the coach 24 hours in advance with the exception of being ill that day or an emergency. Volleyball is a team sport and coaches plan their practices around what the team needs to work on: for that to be successful, we need players at every practice. If you have a test, for example, and need to study: you know about that test and can notify the coach ahead of time so there should be no last-minute decision.
First and foremost, players are expected to participate in ALL tournaments. For some this means during a Spring Break so please look at the calendar and plan accordingly. It is not acceptable to tell the team that you will not attend a tournament any less than 10 days before the tournaments so that practices can be planned accordingly.
To accept an offer to play and secure your spot on an MGA team players must read, understand, agree and adhere to the Code of Conduct below:
2021 Season: Session 3 April 25th – June 28th 2021,
agreement and adherence to the following is required of all players selected to an MGA Team.
1. I will treat all MGA teammates, coaches and parents with respect.
2. I will show fairness and respect towards all opponents (players and coaches,) spectators, officials, and facility staff
3. I agree to respect the property of others (e.g. teammates, hotels, gyms, locker rooms, vans and cars, restaurants...) and to pay for all damages for which I am responsible.
4. If there is an issue with another teammate, coach or player, I agree to address first with my coach . If a satisfactory resolution cannot be found, I agree to speak with Coach Fabian or Sarah.
5. I agree to NEVER leave the site of an MGA event without the knowledge and permission of my coach. This includes practice/playing sites, restaurants, hotels, etc.
6. I agree to be responsible for knowing, and following through with, these details pertaining to my team and self:
a. The time and location of each week’s events
b. Knowledge of my own travel plans
c. Being on time to all events (entirely ready at start time)
d. Informing my coach that I will be late or not attending any event
including practice at least 24 hours in advance unless illness, injury or emergency preclude me from doing so.
7. I agree to NOT be in possession of, or use, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or any other illegal substance while involved in any part of any MGA activity including team bonding events not at the practice or tournament location.
8. I also agree that if I am with someone, who has these substances, I will be found equally at fault
9. I agree to NOT engage in any illegal activities of any sort.
10. I understand that VIOLATION OF THESE CODES (#6 and #7) will result in strict disciplinary action including likely dismissal from the team and loss of USAV eligibility. In case of dismissal, there will be no financial reimbursement.
11. I agree to meet my financial requirement in full.
12. I understand that the decision of the owners (Fabian Ardila and Sarah Ardila)
will be final in these matters of probation or dismissal, and agree that they reserve the right to use their discretion on a case-to-case basis.